Swipe Card Door Lock
Install a Swipe Card Door Lock to Increase Your Property’s Security
Security has always been an essential aspect of property management. Both the residential and commercial sectors require a reliable system to protect their property and all their belongings. Physical keys are a thing of the past as more people gravitate towards newer technology. It’s more common in places of work where they control access via a swipe card door lock. Every employee must have a card that grants them entry into various parts of the building. KAS are proponents of using technology to enhance your locking systems, and we work closely with you to find the ideal solution.
Benefits of Swipe Card Access
Card swipe locks require you to gain entry into a room or space using an electronic key, in most cases, a card. You would have come across it at some hotels, and more businesses are opting for key card entry to protect their assets. If you’re still in doubt about embracing the technology, these are some of the benefits you will experience with a swipe card lock.
- The issue with traditional keys is that if an employee leaves your company, there are various steps you must take to maintain security. These include changing the locks on all doors. While the employee may return the key, you can never be sure if they’ve duplicated it. When you have key card access in place, you only enter a few details in the software that will remove the access privileges of that particular card.
- The key card system allows you to monitor the movement of all your employees should the need arise. If there is a case where something has gone missing or if you suspect something dubious happening, you can access complete reports detailing which employees were in specific rooms and at the relevant date and time.
- Using a key card entry system protects you and your employees from would-be criminals. Safety is an essential factor in the work environment, and the advantage of the keycard system is that criminals can’t pick the lock because it’s digital. Furthermore, the electronics inside a key card make it impossible to create a copy at your local locksmith. As a result, you can be confident in your security system and offer your employees that guarantee of safety.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding Key Card Entry
We’re aware of the numerous advantages the key card system offers; however, some business owners and property managers neglect certain factors that can place you at risk.
- Access control is more than the locks and key cards. The system configuration plays a considerable role in enforcing the security of a building. On a default setting, the system grants one-level access to every user that allows them to open every door and at any time. However, you must configure the system to identify various access levels—only grant employees entrance to the areas that concern them and specific to their work hours.
- The locking hardware and the door are the main components of the system, and as with any mechanical object, it requires regular inspection and maintenance. Over time, doors end up not closing and latching fully and may cause damage to the locking system. You must periodically maintain the system through cleaning and lubricating various components.
- Failing to administer the database is a mistake you should avoid. Always update the system, so you’re aware of the employees that are carrying individual cards. As a result, you can rely on your data collection and prevent the use of old data to gain swipe access fraudulently.
What You Gain by Choosing KAS
We have vast experience in the industry and have been assisting commercial and residential clients in embracing new technology with their locking systems for over a decade. Since we’re a local company, we offer efficient after-sales service to help configure your system.
There is no project too small or too big for our team. Contact us to find the ideal solution for your premises.